What is Aquatic Therapy?
Aqua Care for Me creates individually specialized Aquatic Therapy and Fitness Programs for people of all ages using the properties of water to achieve therapeutic results. We guide and focus each person individually based on your condition and limitations.
Aquatic Therapy is therapy that is done in a pool, preferably in warm water, to restore movement and strength through the use of heat, buoyancy and resistance. It aims to rehabilitate clients after injury or those with chronic illness, avoiding the amount of weight placed on the joints by exercise out of the water.
Exercising in the water provides several benefits that exercise on land can not:
- Water limits joint impact and enhances joint stability
- Isokinetic resistance of water helps tone muscles and improve abdominal/core strength
- Excellent for aerobic and muscular conditioning after injury or before/after pregnancy
- Faster progress with less pain and increased stamina
- Hydrostatic pressure decreases edema and swelling
- Improves circulation, balance, and proprioceptive training
- Targets separate muscle groups and adds unique variety to land-based exercise regimens
OUR BODIES ARE NEARLY 90% WATER:
- Water’s therapeutic benefits helps free gravity’s pull, making it an ideal modality for healing to occur on all levels
- The support water provides takes weight off the spine and allows it to be moved in ways impossible on land
- Water’s buoyancy allows easier movement with decreased trauma on the joints and spine
- With the support of the water, the body is capable of activities that are not possible under the full impact of gravity
- Water provides isokinetic resistance, enhanced by changing the speed of movement or adding resistance equipment in the pool
- Warm water increases blood flow/oxygen exchange, relaxes muscles, sensory nerve endings and improves connective tissue elasticity
SERVING WEST LA, SOUTHBAY & SAN FERNANDO VALLEY
Private Sessions or Group Classes